Saturday, January 28, 2012

mimi time

Have I ever mentioned the guilt I feel when I miss most of the girls' day?  I know someone has to work, and I know they are well taken care of, and I know I don't have to work that much, but it's still hard.  On days like today, when the girls' naps don't line up and Mimi is awake while Ellie sleeps it brings about a whole new feeling of guilt.  When was the last time I focused all my attention just on her?

Without the screeching, running, destructive toddler around to demand all our attention and patience, we're left with sweet little Mimi, her squishy cheeks, and the innocence that comes with not being able to exert your will on others.  A sweet break in the middle of our day, and a nice chance to give our baby some special attention.  It's been a long week with sicknesses and dreary weather, but the shortest moment of connection with one or both of my girls makes everything seem bright. 

No comments: