Thursday, June 24, 2010

all good things...

Ellie is being tons of fun as I prepare to head back to work next week. I've been spending her naptimes figuring out my work schedule and getting creative about how to cram the biggest amount of productive work into the shortest time away as possible. Her time awake has been spent going to the zoo (looking at her favorite book), flying in a spaceship (trying out a jumperoo that's too big for her), and visiting the ocean (her light-up infant toy). She's all about her hands lately and especially likes chowing down on her fingers. Every once in awhile she'll hold onto a toy or object we hand her or dangle in front of her face and she pulls them right up to her mouth, smooshing them all over her face. She's taken a karate lesson and enjoyed a bollywood dance after watching SYTYCD last night. She's loving her Bumbo, my frizzy hair, and having her toes eaten. She even figured out how to make waking up at 4 in the morning the best thing ever by smiling so big that her paci falls out of her mouth. Today, I think she met her cousin Finn for the first time (they were really looking at each other!). She's almost 3 months old and I am amazed by how much more fun she gets everyday. I'm so glad that I was able to be with her for all of these good things. I'm so excited for the belly laughs that can't be too far off.


This time away from work has been A M A Z I N G. The first two weeks were painful and groggy. The third week was scary and I felt like I had no idea what to do. Weeks 4-6 were restless weeks when I (we) had to get out of the house. Week 10 was spent on shopping sprees. I don't know where the rest of it went. To nummies, poopy dipes, snuggles, kisses, and bounces I guess. It's sad that Ellie won't understand how close we were these first few months of her life until she has kids of her own. Say wha??! Now I'm getting ahead of myself.

So, I'm filled with gratitude for all good things in my life...thanks, baby, for being the coolest thing ever. Thanks, work, for letting me get to know my baby girl. Thanks, mom, for everything you did with me and for me that I'll never remember.

No comments: