Thursday, October 23, 2008

ohyea! ohyea!

That is the victory cry of a satisfied woman! I feel like I actually USED my time today! For the past few days I've been trying to tell myself that I have to pick 3 things to complete each day. Sure, I've gotten stuff done (exercise, grocery store, dinners, puppy time, showers!), but I've not really gone out of my way to tackle projects that have been on my mind.

Tonight I can proudly report my 3 things for Thursday:

1. I cleaned out our fridge. I don't just mean I removed expired, moldy, and suspiciously congealed substances (I did that, too), but I CLEANED out our fridge. Took out the drawers, used soap and water, rearranged the shelves, and put the food back purposefully (most frequently used condiments on the top shelf, one side-drawer of tomato products, etc.). It was disgusting (not surprisingly as we haven't cleaned it at all since we've lived here...) and now it is mostly pretty clean and that makes me happy.

2. When I was in high school, Papa taught me that after you finished one coat of paint in a room, you could store the roller and brushes in a plastic bag in the refrigerator to keep it moist before you use it again. I love that I don't have to clean out rollers and brushes immediately following a painting project. I love it so much that I just stored 2 rollers and 3 brushes in the fridge for most of a year! So, I cleaned out the fridge, and followed that up by cleaning out our paint supplies. To continue the trend I washed our laundry tub and! I cleaned out the lint trap!

3. A long time ago I heard that you could substitute avocado for the fat in baking recipes. I've been meaning to try it, but never have. Cookies taste just fine with butter, thank you! But tonight I made our newly found "Peanut Butter Surprise" recipe with 1/2 butter and 1/2 avocado (baby steps). The cookies turned out a little differently than most cookies, but they're not green, they don't taste like guacamole, and they turned out. They just seem to taste a bit healthier. So you can eat 3-5 cookies and not feel so bad about it!

No comments: