Saturday, October 29, 2011

happiness




These are the results of my not so scientific study on what makes me happy, or at least what made me happy from mid-September to mid-October, 2011.  Nothing too surprising, really, and the values are probably more indicative of the ways I spend my time than anything else, but interesting nonetheless.


Analysis:
  • I know the girls make me smile, laugh, and gush with pride.
  • I find ways to treat myself even with limited time.  Unfortunately the self/happy category was mostly made up of getting extra sleep or extra food.  Those things should probably start to change to more useful and healthy treats to help me actually be happy with my self.
  • Low results for house and husband were probably influenced more than any other category by lack of time and energy.  In the craziness that is our current life, those things have (sadly) faded into the background.  The silver lining to that cloud is that I think these things are okay enough to take a backseat for a little while. And yes, David does factor into the happiness of family time, but in my ideal world, I'd mention my husband more specifically, more often as a happiness trigger.
  • I am pleasantly surprised by the number of work-related events that I recalled fondly at the ends of my days.  It's hard not to just see work as a necessary evil taking me a way from the girls, so I should try to appreciate it whenever I can.
  • I wish I could think/write about this more, but I'm holding the infant that refuses to sleep alone at night, and typing with one hand is definitely NOT making me (or her) happy.

No comments: