Monday, July 12, 2010

a text snippet of a too busy monday

sent at 1:40 from the bathroom floor at the clinic while pumping (on our new high-tech android phones, mind you)

David: They're asking me to do a long day tues or weds. Do you think laura would mind? There's not a way around it.
Me: That sucks
Me: Maybe Tuesday would be best
Me: I should be able to work 11-4
Me: I'm worried we shouldn't have a kid...
David: ok, I'm so sorry
Me: I know, today is my worst day
Me: Just started pumping supposed to be in dublin at 2
David: I have to go out in the field right now. we should have a kid, it will all work out
David: xoxoxo
Me: Have done about half of what I'm supposed to
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still trying to figure out how to balance work and motherhood. It's so sad to drop Ellie off right during her smiley time, and so hard to be overlybookedrushingaround at work trying to get home as early as possible. Every other Monday will be like this and I just need time to breathe...

My days are brightened by positive, productive meetings at work and, mostly by email messages from David, with lovely pics of my Ellie. Here's the one I got today while driving across town to a meeting in a rainstorm, hungry, thirsty, and needing to pump (don't worry, I checked my phone only after I arrived at my destination):
Rejuvenated, my meeting was awesome and now we're all home... and I'm looking forward to a lighter week ahead! Good life, go! ;)

No comments: